Wednesday 11 March 2020

My Friend

My Friend


My friend, I stand in judgement now.
And feel you’re to blame, somehow.
On earth I walked with you each day,
And never once did you show the way.
You knew the Lord in truth and in glory,
But never did you tell that story.
My knowledge then was very dim,
And you could have led me safe to Him.
Though we lived together on this earth, 
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned
Because you failed to mention Him.
You taught me many things, that’s true,
I called you friend, and trusted you.
But I learned now that it’s too late,
You could have kept me from this fate.
We walked by day, and talked by night,
And yet you show me not the light.
You let me live, and love, and die,
You knew that I’d never live on high.
Yes, I called you friend in life,
And trusted you through joy and strife.
And yet, on coming to this end,
I cannot now call you “my friend”
D.J. Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

He who wins souls is wise!

The fruit of the righteous refers to the results of the actions of the righteous, i.e. those act appropriate to their faith in God. These wo...